Wednesday, October 24, 2012
War on the home front. Yes, the laundry is still on the couch, two loads of dishes have been done, Costco has been conquered and yet.... I still can't seem to keep up with things around the house. As I sit here I am reminded that the floor needs moping (again), the plants need watering (have I even looked at them lately?) and the kitchen table I've been trying to clear for a month... still has stuff on it. I'm not sure how other Moms do this. But I am definitely not as tidy of a housekeeper as I'd like to be.
As a new Mom I am completely amazed at how quickly a (not quite, but almost) one year old and terrorize a home! It seems like when I'm blinking I find, my kid has climbed on a stool and is balancing on one foot going, "look at me Mom!" Or he has discovered the sandwich baggies and I now have snack, sandwich, quart and gallon sized plastic bags strewn all across the kitchen floor. When did my child become a toddler?
What makes all this worth it? Well... I'll tell you what. The fact that my child gives the most amazing hugs. He smiles when I pick him up from daycare, or get home from work. He has a funny sense of humor. That kid knows how to laugh and have a good time. I guess I'm so into making sure I'm present for him, I could care less what the house looks like. Maybe that's the secret no one ever tells. Houses with children are meant to be messy, because that's how they learn and grow. And just so that Mothers don't go crazy, we clean up everyone in a while :)
Alright, well I better get going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment